Sunday, January 18, 2009

something tangible

I have now been gone two weeks and 6 days and for the first time I missed something very tangilble from home. (Other than you of course)



It was a beautiful day that felt like the best of our 75 degree summer days. The park was full of venders and due to heavy protective fencing actually had green unlittered grass. I practiced my flash cards and knew about 5 words.



In these moments of sunshine I was repeatedly passed by childeren, old folks and women with babies on their backs carrying ALL SORTS of ice cream cones. Shaved ice, soft serve, drum sticks, swirls - it was nuts. I went with the drum stick thingy you get from the mobile vendor (ice cream truck withoutthetruck) since it didn't require me to move.



In this lazy bliss, I drifted to Molly Moons and craved her smooth creamy flavors. For the first time since I arrived here, with all the ups and downs, dirt, grime and cold showers I missed a tangilble inatimate object from back home.

It was fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. there's a salted caramel on a homemade waffle cone waiting for you when you return

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a walk in the Wallingford playfield?

    ReplyDelete