Monday, September 28, 2009

daily life.









Some of these pics include:

Amazing view point close to the Hacienda where I... live. It was as close as we get to a clear day - even on half clear days the view is spectacular.

The first time I rode a horse solo... well that isn´t here, but it happened later in the day. In this picture i am suppose to making a child feel secure on a horse! Yikes!!

Moving earth for soil. Ummm.....so this s environmentally REALLY BAD. Digging up ground for your garden. Cuz the invassive aren´t gonna take over? OMG!!!! We are creating a compost adject to the chicken coop later in the week to help create soil. I could not believe this and just about died.

getting milk - not at the store. And no, I did not buy the cow dinner first or take her to breakfast after. Well, I didn´t have the 'handling skills' to get to breakfast. The cow responded to my lack of abilities by swatting me with her tail and taking a crap.

crab shell in the sand... I love shell photos. In fact I almost did not see the sea lion charging at me while a was positioning it in the sand. Barely getting away, the sea lion camped out next to my sandals (which I had not been wearing) for the next 10 minutes while I waited for it to... just go.... anywhere else. Finally she moved the two meters so i could dash in and snatch my goods.

obscene tourists looking like the animals they photograph. Maybe I am pixelated on someone´s memory stick somewhere being chased by a sea lion.

Tortuga gigantica... or big something like that. In 2001 there were only 1,150 tortoises left here. Friends ans I toured a breading facility and got to check them out. Yes, I have met nice people here.

The last is a nice little field pic of me not hurting myself. We were planting endemic Scalesia trees. This was not the day I machetied my own leg.

1 comment: