Sunday, February 8, 2009

part 2 - ecuador

Jungles here are green and lush.

I love it here. Right now I am adjactent to a computer so it is easy to say that. Being connected to the worled makes life easy.

When I arrived in country and took an open air bus 3 hours into nowhere I was in awe and trying to figure out how to stay forever. That night in alone in a screaned cabana, with sounds of night blasting lounder the the reggeatone of bastimentos, with no light other than a head lamp in an environment i knew nothing of - I was homesick for the first time since - not even sure.

Maybe it was the emotional distance of Jim the farmer, maybe it finally saying goodbye to Kevin, but in needing to turn on my headlamp and scibble in my journal - I realized there was a fist-sized spidar in my room! In that moment I did not like the jungle.

I woosed out and made Jim get rid of it. Forget pride - it was HUGE.

The farm is rad. I{ll try and talk about it later- they aren{t permaculturists which is a let down on the education end of things but it frees me up for other travels. (Hence coming 'to town' a 2.5 hour bus ride away to make contacts etc. There isn{t even phone reception on the site.

Sometimes we have power. . . it attracts the bugs though so I still stick to candles much of the time.

Gotta catch a bus back to simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment